Monday, March 23, 2009

Miscellaneous stuff

The latest news...I resigned from my job today, meaning I will not renew my contract for next school year (I'm not just leaving right now). I am happy and kind of sad at the same time. I know I will not be sad when I have just had a baby and everyone else is getting ready to go back to school and I don't have to go (thanks Cecilee).

Cabin news...The cabin is now hooked up to the well, and we have to wait for it to get warm enough to turn the water on. Once the water is on, the electrician will hook up the electricity to the tankless heater...if the breaker was to be turned on with no water hooked up, it would burn out the water heater and we'd have to replace it. Sooo...that might be another process, getting the electrician out there after we are ready with the water turned on. Our builder sent us a bill for the railing on the loft, so the cabin is a little more inhabitable now, but probably won't be fit for children for a while yet.

Random observation...Has anyone out there noticed the names that some baby boomers (for lack of a better term) are giving themselves as their "grandparent" names? You know, stuff like "Hottie" and "Fox Daddy" (I'm making these up, but you get the idea). When I was growing up, all my friends' grandparents were grandma, grandpa, meemaw, peepaw, granddad, nana, etc. I've started hearing some pretty crazy names folks are choosing for their grandkids to call them (this doesn't apply to my parents or in-laws, btw). Has anyone else noticed this?

2 comments:

The Montandon's said...

I ready to visit a new grandson at the new cabin. Lesley, you are looking great.

davemaz said...

Yes - I noticed it, but only in a very limited community. I like Granddad.