
We had our ultrasound today and found out we are having a baby boy! We are so excited. I was surprised...I really thought it was going to be a girl for some reason. Maybe it is the fact that we are so accustomed to little baby girls...for those of you who don't know, we have 7 nieces and only one nephew. So, the first thing we did after our appointment (after eating of course) was head to the mall to buy clothes for our little boy. This is probably the only time ever that I will buy baby clothes full price, but I couldn't resist. I mean, look at this stuff we got! How could anyone resist a 6 month old in that pullover sweater with the coordinating shirt and tie? Impractical, I know...but totally adorable.It is the weirdest thing to go from referring to the baby as "it" to saying "him." One of the first things everyone asks us (including our sonographer) is if we have a boy name picked out. And as luck would have it, we don't. I knew I liked our sonographer when he suggested that we read the chapter in Freakonomics about names...to which I replied I already had, and I owned the book! He liked to talk...which my friend Amy warned me about. But he was a super nice guy and took some great pictures. He informed us that he doesn't guess about a baby's sex, and that the last time he was wrong was the early '90s.
Our prayers have been answered that everything looked good in the sonogram and that the baby appears to be in perfect health. Praise God from whom all blessings flow! We are so blessed! Thanks for being excited with us.
9 comments:
I'll be gathering up all my baby boy stuff...what a fun day.
thats so fun! yall look so happy!
YAY!! I'm happy y'all are happy! And very cute clothes, I might add.
love the cute clothes...who cares if they are impractical...they are cute! yeah!!!
Congrats!!
When I saw the sonogram pictures, I wondered if it was the same guy who had done Amy and Charlie's....I remember her talking about how much he liked to talk! I think he also made the same comment to her about not being wrong for a long time...
That's really fun! Congrats! I didn't even know you were expecting until Erin posted it on her blog!
This is so exciting. Lesley, you look great and Chad, you look pretty good too.
Mamaw and Papaw
He looks so cute! I can't wait to see him with his cousins.
congrats on the boy! i am so excited for you.
Post a Comment