Friday, March 07, 2008

A Chad update

The title doesn't mean that I am updating you on Chad, It means that I, Chad, am creating this post. It will be filled with random pictures of our lives right now. First, as many of you now I have begun the process of installing saltillo tile in the entry way of our house. The demo is done and now we must drive to San Antonio on Spring break to get tile that matches. I used a 4.5 inch angle grinder to get the thin set up and in the process got dust on everything we own. Literally I think this dust is so aggressive that it has probably traveled to some Carribean island by now and created an asthma epidemic among their children. So much for my New Years resolution of bringing peace to the world. Maybe next year. Here are some pics of the demo and the aftermath.
The ugly tile before



My weapon



My destruction!!!!!!!!!



So here is the aftermath of grinding up thinset despite, I might add, my efforts to contain the dust.





Notice where the star once hung on our wall



We were up until 11:30 that night cleaning. On a lighter note here are some pics of my climbing wall.
My wife just the way i like her, barefoot and climbing Random picture of my garden area (formerly concrete slab)
My compost bin made of recyled material (old lattice and pallet) and filled with recycled material (notice the beatiful egg shell, banana peel, and purple onion...delicious!)

5 comments:

Lesley said...

No comments about spelling please...It takes enough effort for me to even post something, much less spell check it.

--Chad

Lesley said...

Don't worry dear, I went in and fixed them all before anyone had a chance.

Emily said...

Looks like you guys stay pretty busy. Good job on the wall. I hope you did not get too sick from inhaling all of that dust. Oh, and as always good job on your test!

Lesley said...

We wore dust masks and changed the air filter, so I think we're good.

emma said...

that is a huge amount of dust and I'm glad I wasn't having to clean it up! love that climbing wall and the comment and lesley being barefoot and climbing.