Wednesday, February 28, 2007
New car, part II
Yesterday was an eventful day. Chad called me before work and said the Element wouldn't start. We thought it might be the battery but feared it may be something more serious (the starter, etc.) so we planned to take it in to the dealership to get it checked out. So at the end of the day, we jumped the car (it started) and took it to the local Honda dealership where they said they would test the battery. While we were waiting, I decided I wanted to look at the pre-owned cars. While we were looking we found a pretty sweet Civic Hybrid that we both really liked. We decided to take a test drive, and we liked it even more. Meanwhile, they told us that the battery was totally dead, and the warranty for it had lapsed. It would be $85. All the more reason to trade in the car! So we told them we would take the Civic if they would eat the cost of the battery, and we had a deal. The car deal experience was polar opposite from the experience we had last summer buying the Element. We're excited about our new car and we'll post more pictures of it when we get a chance. And yes we have two Civics now, don't judge.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am really ready to trade in the Element....it's great if you don't have kids. It is impossible to park next to someone and get your kids out without almost smaking their car 50 times.
It's also great if you want to camp in it on a queen-sized inflatable mattress. Been there, done that.
Hey, I liked the element (except for the color). But the Civic does make more sense in a fuel-conscious environment. You already had Birkenstocks - it's a small "step."
Love, Dad
Does wearing Birkenstocks make a person more environmentally conscious? I thought it was because I don't like uncomfortable shoes.
Post a Comment