Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Finally









Here are the pictures we promised, although you probably don't care about them now.




This is Lesley when she was a pateint for a nightime scenario with the Wilderness Emergency Care class I was teaching this semester. She was ejected from a bus that rolled over on mountainous terrain. She landed on a stick which implaed her back and gave her a severly collapsed lung. She also had copious amounts of cold, wet blood on her back, and laid in only a t-shirt and jeans in 25 degree weather. Then my students took FOREVER to find her. I finally had to lead them to her (I was supposed to be in the van crash, but i was uninjured, lucky for them)







A close up of her wound.





YUCK!!!!!!








My wonderful students doing a great patient assessment on Lesley. (They have no idea that their patient is the teacher's wife at this point.)











Trying to get Lesley, who is now truly shivering, into a sleeping bag.
They are so serious!!






1 comment:

emma said...

I was still interested. When ya'll move back to texas if you ever again need someone to act majorly injured, I'm your (wo)man. I think that is too cool.