Here are some pictures from the weekend before last. There is this historical Stagecoach stop that is about 20 miles from Prescott down windng mountain dirt roads. I have been wanting to check this place out ever since i say it on a Forest Service map right after we moved here. Anywho, we set out in the Element and had quite the adventure. Using only a less-than-detailed forest service map and a giant orange box of a car, we set off in search of Palace Station. we ended up a a few roads that, although they weren't labeled 4X4 only, they should have been. One was barely wide enough for Ele (our car, and niece i suppose) to fit through. The area was gorgeous. Its like having Blue Haven in your backyard. Well, we mad a wrong turn and ended up a mile frm the top of one of the major mountains in the area that has a fie look-out tower at the top. I bet you can't do that in texas (arkansas maybe). we decided that we didn't have any pressing matters at hand so we hiked up to the top. Afterwards, we realized where our wrong turn had been and we began our journey back towards Palace station. Shawn called my wife (as he often does) as we were leaving the top, which surprised me at the fact that we got such great reception. When we finally arrived we were greeted by a sign that basically said: Palace Station. Look at a distance but do not trespass. People live here. Please respect their privacy. After driving all day on these horrible raods we couldn't even explore. It was a cool trip anyway
That was one sharp curve. I'm glad I got insurance on the rental car.
The beautiful Lesley at the top of Mt. Union.
5 comments:
I could tell it was you chad, Lesley would never have typos in her blog. :) I like the pictures of the wound. Thanks for the update and the pics.
I also could tell it was you Chad. I don't think Lesley would have said, "Shawn called my wife." Looks like alot of fun. I hople Lesley is recovering well from her injuries. Did she have to miss very many days of work?
:():>?<:)*_+"{}Shawn
Love the pic of chad through the front windshield....that would make a great and friendly scrapbook page :)
emma
Maybe Chad can be the blogger, and I can be the editor-in-chief. Sounds good to me.
You must slow down on the mountain roads, especially if you are drinking root beer. That is what is in your hand isn't it.
Post a Comment